Monday, August 6, 2012

Jamestown Ferry

Between Jamestown and Surry Virginia lies the Jamestown River.  The Jamestown Ferry runs across it.  It is actually called the Jamestown Scotland Ferry.  It is a free transportation service offered by VDOT.

K's friend lives in Surry.  Last week K went to her friend's house for an overnight.  Picking her up the next day provided all of us with an "outing" as we were able to ride the ferry.  The kids think it is fun.


Photobucket



Photobucket
Bitsy is not sure about getting out of the car


JamestownFerry
some people bring bread for the sea gulls, I always forget!

Photobucket



Jamestown, view of Jamestown from the ferryiphone photo
Jamestown from the Ferry


I'm linking up to Sally's Blue Monday

15 comments:

Luna Miranda said...

i agree with the kids--a ferry ride is fun when the sea is calm.:p it's a nightmare when everybody around you is throwing up because of motion sickness.:p

Pie said...

Great shots.

My Blue.

Gemma Wiseman said...

Adore the first two photos of the little ones! they look so cute! And lovely water views!

Riet said...

Indeed a ferry ride is an outing to enjoy and that is what they did. Lovely photo's of the kids

SmilingSally said...

Those pictures are blue-tiful!

Thanks for sharing.

Happy Blue Monday, Calin Marie!

LV said...

I am with Betsy. I like my feet on dry land.

RobinfromCA said...

Ferries are such a fun way to travel. My daughter is living in Virginia Beach right now while her husband is stationed there. I'll have to tell her about the ferry so they can take a ride on it!
Robin

Marleen said...

Great shots, thanks for sharing!

chubskulit said...

Looks very relaxing!

Visiting from Blue Monday

My BLUE, have a great week ahead.

eJoops said...

Beautifully captured! Hopping by from Blue Monday!


Please come and see my BLUE, thank you.

Michelle said...

A ferry ride is a great experience, when the water is calm! lol

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

That looks so fun! I took the boys to Williamsburg over spring break, but we didn't have time to see Jamestown (or the ferry).

One of my boys has struggled with eczema too (I went to your other blog first).

delia hornbook said...

aahh it looks lovely what a great trip and experience for little ones ;-) dee x

Carmel Cole said...

she seem to be chilaxxing and enjoying the view. hope you could stop by on my Blue Monday at: http://www.jollytoes.com/2012/08/05/strolling-around-new-york-city/

Printer and Ink said...

Those pictures are Awesome...! thanks for share it.....