Monday, August 20, 2012

Summer Weekend


M-Lyons cut her hair last week.  Her hair had been almost waist length but recently she's been talking about getting it cut, and I made her wait two weeks to be sure she was ready, and she was.  She asked me to send the rest to "Locks for Love."
According to Locks for Love's website, they estimate that 80% of their donations come from children who wish to help other children.


We spent the weekend back out in the yard.  Do you see grass out there? Yes!  There is grass!  The sod was finished on Saturday.  WooHoo!


I bought flowers to change out the tired old window pots- but we didn't get to it before it rained.  But look past that pathetic pot and check out that yard!

in May it looked like this:


Photobucket

On Sunday I spent a ridiculous amount of time convincing my husband to drive up to Mount Vernon, because we have a friend in town who expressed interest.  But the husband didn't want to spend that much time in the car, and then our guest opted for Busch Gardens which got the kids all excited.  Until we looked at the weather radar - rain all day.  So we went to the movie theater and saw "Brave" instead.

Hope you all had a great weekend!

I'm linking up to Sally's Blue Monday - 

5 comments:

SmilingSally said...

Two of my grandchildren made several donations to Locks of Love. It's a good organization. I love your blues.

Happy Blue Monday, Calin Marie!

Marydon said...

G'morn swetie ~
How proud she must be, & you, of her heart love gift for others. It is wonderful to see children so loving & giving. Tell her I said 'love you sweetie for your gift'.

We were supposed to go to Busch Gardens also, but a birthday party got in the middle of our plans.

Glad you all had a lovely time despite the weather.

You should send me your phone number so we can connect when we are in the area.

Have a beautiful week ~
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

eJoops said...

Looks like fun! Visiting from Blue Monday.


My BLUE, have a great week ahead.

Michelle said...

So wonderful that she donated to Locks of Love.

chubskulit said...

Lovely kids and flowers!

Visiting from Blue Monday. Please come and see my BLUE post when you get a chance, thank you!