Thursday, August 9, 2012

Teen-Ager Bedroom Make-Over, The Challenge

just to keep my life interesting (hah!) I'm pulling apart kids' bedrooms and reorganizing.  A few years ago MLyons (then about 5 years old) convinced her dad to paint her room "Sleeping Beauty Pink."  He did.


pink!

At the time MLyons shared the room with Bitsy who is 2 1/2 years younger.  Then we added Little Hawk to the mix and moved things all around and the bright pink room became MLyons and K's to share.

more pink!

Now, we are rearranging again, and the room will be K's and K's alone.

K is 14, a freshman in High School and she has made it clear: She isn't into bright pink.


She said she wanted a cozy, cottage style room so I imagined a softer pink and lots of white or cream. I thought I could just rag roll over the pink, several layers, and that would be that. Then she said she liked quilts, scrap quilts and I decided she should make herself a coverlet. So I took her to the fabric store for some fat quarters. She picked out the following:

fat quarters
These are fabulous! but they are not going to look good in a pink room... and so, we are working on a complete make-over.

I am linking up to Beverly's Pink Saturday

and I'm linking up to Sally's Blue Monday Sally has the coolest dolphins this week. go see!

12 comments:

Olivia said...

Darling bedroom!
xo
Olivia

chubskulit said...

My daughter would love that room! Visiting from Pink Saturday.

Wedding Anniversary Pink, your comment will mean so much!

Jay said...

Hi I'm new to your blog, not quite sure how I found my way here! I love the pink bedroom we have 1 a very similar shade. I'm looking forward to seeing how the new look turns out.

genny said...

Oh that room is beautiful but I am the only girl in the family i have two boys hehehe....Visiting from PS!

Leah H. said...

It is not easy to organize and to design a bedroom. I like the first one though:)

Visiting from Pink Saturday- hope you can stop by..

http://www.sweetposh.info/2012/08/new-hello-kitty-shoes.html

Pie said...

Very pretty!

My Blue.

Mumsy said...

That's so pretty, and perfect for a girl!

SmilingSally said...

I'm sure that K will have a lovely room. Thanks for sharing your blues and thanks for the shout out.

Happy Blue Monday, Cailin Marie.

Leah H. said...

Visiting again from Blue Monday- hope you can stop by..

http://www.cassandrasminicorner.com/2012/08/toy-story-sharpa-blanket.html

chubskulit said...

Coming back from Blue Monday..
Elephant Ride is my BLUE, would be delighted for your comment. Have a great week ahead.

ink cartridges and toner cartridges said...

Kids love this type of room......

Carmel Cole said...

i love the room. wish it's mine ;D i'm sure the owner loves it. sorry for the l8 visit, hope you could visit my Blue Monday here: http://www.memorylanebymel.com/memory-lane-monday-27-clinton-square-park-travels-at-syracuse-part-1/