Monday, September 24, 2012

Puppy love

photo2_zpse34d4695

yesterday I drove to West Chester PA to fetch "Molly" this darling yellow lab puppy. She is a gift for a friend of mine who recently left Air Force life for civilian life. He always loved my Malachi who we called Mali, and when I offered to train a puppy for him he didn't hesitate. I tracked down Mali's blood line to Toynton Labs. Mali's dad Jake was featured in the book: Jake a Labrador Puppy at work and play and it is dedicated to Grace Morris of Toynton Labs.

Unfortunately, yesterday there was a Redskins Game and a Nationals Game so that extended my drive a little... and then coming home there was a Ravens game to get around... but worse was the construction on 95S and so Molly and I arrived at 12:30 at night. Whew! I had a long day driving back and forth to PA but Molly's was longer.  On Saturday she drove from Michigan to Pittsburgh.  Sunday morning she drove from Pittsburg to West Chester, and then from West Chester to here in the afternoon.

Today we are taking it easy and every time I sit down Molly sits on my feet, which I find completely endearing!

Linking to Sally's Blue Monday Sally, I hope you can find a little blue in the young lads shorts there!

And I'm linking to A Southern Day Dreamer's Outdoor Wednesday

5 comments:

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh CailinMarie Sweetie...
I love, love this beautiful Lab. Look at those big feet. I think this little critter, is not going to stay little long.

I imagine the kids will love having the puppy around as well. How kind of you to train. You are such a doll.

Thanks for sharing today. I so enjoyed my visit. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

SmilingSally said...

Thanks for sharing your blues. I see the little boy has a blue shirt on along with his blue pants!

Happy Blue Monday, CailinMarie.

lessandragr said...

He is sure to be very happy with Molly! She looks so sweet. Have fun training her :)

Michelle said...

How wonderful that you are training this adorable puppy for your friend!

JJ said...

Beautiful pup. There is nothing better than a pooch, and labs are among the best.