Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Get riled about something that MATTERS

I had intended to post about something else today (making a Halloween Costume) but there is something I need to get off my chest first.

I was totally unprepared for, and completely shocked by, the judgmental attitude I've been the subject of because I bought a puppy instead of rescuing a dog.

People have had a bit to say about this.

And I want to holler at them- PEOPLE FIRST.
People first.  I have a full house of kids and I cannot bring in an animal with unknown behavioral issues, puppies take up enough time for sure, but I have rescued dogs in the past and they can take up more.  Not to mention risk of aggression toward my 3 yr old and 6 yr old.  And for the love of pete, I'm doing something nice! I'm fostering a puppy for a friend of mine who frankly needs a dog!

But more importantly, please don't get all high and mighty with me about this.  The only people in my opinion who have the RIGHT to get high and mighty with me are foster parents *of children.*

So please consider:
Foster 2 Forever here is a particularly enlightening post "Why We fought for our Foster Child"
or Stare if You Must which I find humbling every time I visit
or Rage Against the Minivan (they aren't foster parents but holy cow does this woman make you THINK) cut your teeth on this post: Where is the Mommy War for the Motherless Child?

there, get wound up about all that.

No comments: