Friday, October 19, 2012

Henry - an adoption story asking to happen

This was in my email inbox last night.

via Rainbow Kids
(Rainbow Kids is a website for  Adoption Information, International Adoptions, Special Needs Adoption, Adoption Articles and Waiting Child Photolistings. I subscribe to their newsletter for awesome articles about parenting & adoption)

An AMAZING Boy:
Please watch his videos!
In all my years of working in adoption, I have never seen anything like this. Meet Henry...literally.  Henry asked a family visiting his orphanage to film him. He knows kids are getting adopted and he wants an American family. He set up "scenes" to showcase his English speaking ability, art work, studies, etc. His orphanage reports that this boy is so good, and so full of love for everyone.  Henry is the first child that I know of who is self-advocating. He has until June of 2013 to be adopted. Please watch Henry's videos and share them. Help his dream come true!  
http://youtu.be/D92a0rmSYFQ
http://youtu.be/6of5pCkQuh0
Contact Children's House International for more information



and this too




even after our crazy week I am pulled by this young man who is actively asking to be part of a family!  I am at my limit and do not want my family to fall into being a "group home" but if I can pass on his story to someone who might be able to act I would be so happy to do so.

 updated on October 28th

today I saw this in my email inbox from Rainbow Kids: I Found My Miracle! Last week's newsletter featured the Amazing Henry, a boy who self-advocated by making his own video about how much he wanted to find a family. Our readers shared his story over and over again, and we have now been told by his representing agency that a qualified family is moving forward with his adoption. I am so thankful to all of you for caring about this young man. Thank you.

 *So glad for Henry! So glad!*

1 comment:

Tracy ~ If I Knew You Were Coming I'd Baked A Cake said...

The more I read your blog the more I have understood what it is you are doing. You truly are amazing and this video made me cry. I hope Henry finds his peace in a lovely home. I have never thought of adoption but that is not to say I would never consider. Thank you for sharing I will show my partner his video. Tracy