Thursday, October 18, 2012

Sandy's Cheesecake

Yesterday on our way in for x-rays I asked MLyons if a special desert would be a good idea.  She was scared to see the doctor and I was trying to take her mind off of things.  Never one to miss an opportunity, MLyons sweetly asked if we could have cheesecake.  I promptly agreed.  By the time we got home last night I didn't have time to make one so I made it today while she was at school.


photo46

photo47

Sandy Nelken's Cheesecake, as handed down to me through Mama Jo and then by Mary:

one graham cracker crust, cooked and cooled to room temperature

1 lb cream cheese
2 eggs
3/4 cup of sugar
1 tsp vanilla
 preheat oven to 350
beat the above together for 20 minutes
pour into crust and bake for 20 minutes
cool to room temperature

1 pt sour cream
2 tbs sugar
1 tsp vanilla
preheat oven to 400
beat the above together for 10 minutes
pour over previous layer and bake for 5 minutes
cool to room temperature
refrigerate keep chilled or it will get soupy

No comments: