Sunday, December 2, 2012

Christmas in Colonial Williamsburg

Every December Colonial Williamsburg decorates with some of the most interesting and unique wreaths you will ever see.  I love taking walks in the Colonial Area and having a look.  Here are some from my walk last week:




Photobucket
The Peyton Randolph House

love this detail.  the long pine cones and dried sunflower make a star
detail of the star

Chownings, every Christmas Colonial Williamsburg "puts on the green" and they decorate. Often different shops and houses will add a theme to their decorating. This is Chowning's tavern.  If you look closely you'll see shells, and beer tankards, and pipes
Chowing's Tavern

The Weaver's Shop, every Christmas Colonial Williamsburg "puts on the green" and they decorate.  Often different shops and houses will add a theme to their decorating.  This is the weaver's shop.  Note unspun cotton and flax and strips of woven textiles.
at the weaver's

I am linking this post to Beverly's Pink Saturday featuring Holiday Porches

3 comments:

JJ said...

Great photos! I love Williamsburg. We try to get there every couple of years.

Michelle said...

I love these. So natural and just beautiful.

Meg said...

I'll never forget the wreaths my mom would make for our front door. We lived in the city limits in a fairly Colonial style house, so she tried to keep Colonial in her decorations. She's put apples and such on the wreath that hung on the front door. The deer would come out of the woods and eat the fruit off the wrath in the middle of the night. That will always be funny to me.