Thursday, June 27, 2013

Bitsy & I

Last weekend was a mommy daughter weekend for Bitsy and I.  We don't get those very often, it is rare to get any time with just one child, so we tried to make the most of it.

We read books, made a puzzle, watched a movie snuggled on the couch and we went for some nice walks together.

Across from out Library is the Williamsburg Community building. We parked there and the big black lab was with us. We walked over to the library but along the way we spied the potted flowers on the community building steps. Looks like a good spot for a picture. I won't post all 20 of them, but I especially liked this one.
 photo 2013-06-23113418_zps5833ba7f.jpg

After our photo shoot we walked to the library to return some books via the drop off. In front our library sits a bust of George Washington. I tried to google something to share, who made it, when and so on, but there are so many links for George Washington... so I'll have to read the plaque and take note next time I'm there.

 photo 2013-06-23113742_zpsdb257cc7.jpg

From the library it is a short walk to Matthew Whaley Elementary School and we took a peak into the garden, called Mattey's Garden.  This is a community garden started by one of the Master Gardeners and supported by several community organizations.  It is a lovely little garden, full of interesting ideas.


wheelbarrow gardening photo 2013-06-23114632_zps365be563.jpg

Ideas like reusing an old wheelbarrow as a planter. And they have blueberry plants that look very well, I took notes. They are in plastic bins, like a storage bin, with a pvc pipe.


to the garden gate photo 52f3195a-dcdc-4847-97df-374a4549396e_zpsa67509ec.jpg

She just loves being the boss of that poor dog.

Visiting the Climbing Tree photo 2013-06-23143052_zpsa0539a2e.jpg

On the Climbing Tree.  We heard that the Climbing Tree had been hurt in a storm a few weeks ago.  But it looked okay to us.  This tree is on the edge of the green behind the courthouse in Colonial Williamsburg.  Local kids love this tree dearly, I've seen many family portraits done on this tree, we take our friends to visit this tree.  We are very glad it survived the storm and hope it will survive many more for years to come.

footpath beckons photo 2013-06-23144029_zpsf194ed18.jpg

I love all the entries and pathways and open gateways around Williamsburg, such possibilities!

I am going to be away this weekend at a wedding (yay) so I'll try to check in and link up with Beverly's Pink Saturday as well as Sally's Blue Monday.

Catch ya'll later.

7 comments:

troutbirder said...

Looks like a fun day with your little sweetie...:)

LV said...

A perfect outing with a perfect model. She is precious.

Erica (Irene) said...

She's so cute.....looks like she had a great time.

Happy Blue Monday!
erica-sweetonyou.blogspot.com

bj said...

I love all your pretty photos and that BEAUTIFUL model is so precious. So glad ya'll had such a good day.
O, and I just linked to follow...Come over and see the barn dance at my place. :)

SmilingSally said...

This memories will be cherished, for sure. Thanks for sharing.

Happy Blue Monday, Cailin Marie.

Ann said...

What a fun day for the two of you. She is precious in that blue dress. I love the last pic of the trail and fence--very neat.
Ann

Pie said...

Looks like she's having so much fun. I played too. Mine are here and here.