Friday, July 26, 2013

Cheerios

Controversy.
Really? I cannot believe people are being ugly about this.

I stumbled across this on Penelope's blog Foster to Forever
The commercial has been around a while, on Youtube I saw the post date as May 2013.

If, like me, you haven't heard.
Cheerios has a new add:



The comments on Youtube were disabled because of racist and other ugly posts.

Again really?  It is cute.  Like really cute.

And so, because I don't know any other way to show my support to Cheerios, the kids and I went out and bought a cart full of Cheerios today.  We don't eat a lot of Cheerios.  I tend to make oatmeal, or bagels, or something...


Cheerios. Yay. photo 2013-07-26192803_zps332cf342.jpg
cart full of Cheerios

Cheerios photo 2013-07-26194138_zps6dde49ad.jpg
ready to load into the car

I double checked myself by looking into Whoopi Goldberg's opinion on The View.  I mean, maybe I was missing something.  And Whoopi has been vocal about media depictions of race for quite some time, so I figured she'd have something to say.  She didn't let me down.

No comments: