Friday, July 26, 2013

Vintage Pink

Last winter/early spring I was shopping around Nelson County Virginia looking for furniture and I came upon two fabulous shops... The Rockfish Gap Country Store and its sister store Greenwood Antiques and Uniques.

I took these pictures to share with Pink Saturday friends and then didn't get around to posting them, so I thought I'd put them up now.


Pretty Pink at Rockfish Gap Country Store photo 2013-02-17120918_zps92080354.jpg
pretty pinks

I Loved these vases! Aren't they fabulous?

a corner full of treasure photo 2013-02-17120854_zps194aeb79.jpg
a corner full of treasure

I didn't bring any of these beauties home, I was on a specific budget looking for basic furniture to furnish a a mountain house going for a Vermont Ski Country feel.  But I did buy two dressers from this store that found new homes in the upstairs bedrooms (I posted about upstairs bedrooms here ) Now I'm on the look out for a corner piece for the upstairs bedroom, or maybe a desk.  She needs a place to put the feathers and antlers and what not she's always bringing home.  She also needs a place to do homework.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

I really like that corner full of treasures!

Eileen said...

Those vases are fabulous! I love them. Happy Pink Saturday!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I love shops like these and could spend hours browsing in them! :)

Happy Pink Saturday!

pinkkandy said...

Its a lovely Pink Saturday here on the open plains....praying that your day is blessed!

Susan Clayton said...

Great shops - thanks for the peek! HPS!

Valrie said...

Love the antiques! The vases are gorgeous I would have had to bring the home!

Still finding my way around VA and so miss all my shops back north that I knew had treasures like these.

Happy PS!

Fun With This and That said...

Fun to shop in places like that,it is so cozy
HPS
Laura