Monday, October 14, 2013

Mummy Costume, easy & inexpensive

Last year Dragon wanted to be a Mummy.
I found an old set of curtains- if you don't have an old sheet or an old set of curtains maybe your local thrift store or good will store would?  Dragon and his friend spent a few minutes stripping the curtains.  I wrapped him up, and wrapped him up, and wrapped him up.  I would have wrapped more but Dragon was impatient to go Trick or Treating.
On Halloween I bought face paint at the local drug store.  It was marked down to $3.00.  I also bought a bottle of baby powder.
I marked up his face with white paint, and darkened his eyes, and dumped baby powder on his head.  Then he decided he wanted "blood" so I dribbled some spaghetti sauce done the front of him!


Mummy, We wrapped him in strips of old curtain fabric that came out of someone's attic, and then dumped a bottle of baby powder on him!
playing it up!


Ghouls, Mummy & his friend, off to Trick or Treat!
off to trick or treat!
I think I spent less than $5.00 on this and he loved it.

2 comments:

troutbirder said...

Neat. Those were the fun days with our kids growing up. Now our neighborhood is mostly us old people. No school bus picking up kids and no trick or treaters...:(

JJ said...

I must laugh. You got me thinking about when we first moved to Florida. We bought costumes for a bunch of kids, but they were three sizes to large. We were used to New Hampshire weather and allowed for heavy winter coats under the costumes.