Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Snow Day!

I got out for a walk around 8 AM. I love how snow makes the everyday world seem magical.  I didn't get too far, my hands got cold around a mile from the house, probably because I kept pulling them out of my gloves to take pictures on my phone!

I love the patterns that snow makes.  And I am fascinated by early morning light creeping into shadows.  it is one of my favorite things about walking in the morning, seeing the world wake up.


 photo 2014-01-22074912_zps83daa44e.jpg
I love snow on leaves

walking path in Kingsmill, Williamsburg, VA photo 2014-01-22074641_zpsa8cb7a13.jpg
the walking path

Sun on Snow photo 2014-01-22075928_zpsa2d10da6.jpg
trying to catch early morning light


Sun on Snow, morning walk, January 22 photo 2014-01-22080626_zps08545ba0.jpg

I'm linking this post to A Southern Daydreamer's Outdoor Wednesday Linkup.  Her meme frequently attracts wonderful photography, much better than mine. I invite you to take a look if you have time for a little blog hopping today.
Another good spot for wonderful photos is It's A Small Town Life

4 comments:

Karen said...

Delightful winter scenes! The sunlight on the tree is beautiful. My bird photos (Pixel Posts)are recent, they are in a sheltered cedar tree. We do have heaps of snow!

New Jersey Memories said...

The snow is so pretty, but I hate the cold!

I'm ready for spring :)

Jocee said...

Great photos. Snow always looks so pretty but I guess you get sick of it fast. :-)

Michelle said...

Thanks for linking to me today. I have to admit that I am starting to tire of snow! It does make for some beautiful pictures, but we haven't had a full week of school since before Christmas break! Yikes!