Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Back at Wintergreen, and there was Snow!

Now that we have a place in the mountains we find every excuse to head up there. Thanksgiving was no exception and to make it more fun, a good number of our ski buddies were there too. And then much to the relief of some northern states, the snow moved in our direction. Have you seen the pictures of Buffalo NY last month? Can you even imagine? Yikes! But we in the Blue Ridge Mountains were gifted almost a foot of snow. Yay for us! And it was so pretty.

blue ridge mountains, snow, thanksgiving, wintergreen resort, virginia
Devil's Knob Loop before the Snow Plow


our house, behind snow covered trees. love it!

Wintergreen Resort, Wintergreen Virginia, snow, Thanksgiving 2014, pretty snow
and one more pretty winter scene



the sun came out and so did the kids

burton jacket, spyder ski pants
this year she got on the ski lifts all by herself!


they named him Olaf

The ski slopes opened on Friday and Tim took all 6 of the kids out skiing. Bitsy was feeling vertically challenged last year and struggled a little with the ski lifts but this year she got on them all by herself, even Big Acorn (which is faster.) Little Hawk is going to be hard to keep up with soon, he loves to ski at only 5 years old. The Wintergreen Ski Team had practice on Saturday and the 5 oldest kids reported in. And so Ski Season begins. I got to ski on Saturday. On Friday my mother and I went consignment shopping in the area. I bought trivets, we needed some, and a lovely german shepherd dog shaped door stopper that I saw last spring and regretted not purchasing, offered by Envy Antiques. But it was still there patiently waiting and this time I didn't pass it up. They have a Bavarian Deer Sculpture that I've got my eye on, but it costs as much as skis and so I'm saving pennies with fingers crossed. We also discovered a wonderful bookshop and cafe in Waynesboro Virginia called Stone Soup. Good food, nice people, cozy setting, we will go again.

I haven't blogged in a bit, but Outdoor Wednesday continues so I'm linking up with them

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Those are some beautiful scenes!

Indrani said...

Happy smiles :)
I love that snowman!
Happy ODW!

Light and Voices said...

Looks like you all enjoyed the snow. You picked a lovely area to live. JM, Illinois

New Jersey Memories said...

The Blue Ridge Mountains must be a really beautiful area. Perhaps one day I'll visit that part of the U.S. The photos are beautiful.

You must be a very busy woman with all that you do! I'm impressed! I'll bet you have a very rewarding life!

The Furry Gnome said...

Nice to get ski season started so early! And great if your kids enjoy it. I always think little boys especially need some life-threatening activity to grow up normal!