Wednesday, February 25, 2015

tracks in the snow




vintage, gnome, snow gnome, grandma's garden, winter garden
Snow Gnome 

That little guy sits in my front yard and keeps an eye on things. He used to sit in my grandmother's yard and keep an eye on things there. I remember moving him and his buddies around her garden when I would come visit.

The snow this morning is perfect for tracking. I took the dogs out for a walk and saw deer tracks and rabbit tracks and perhaps squirrel tracks? I don't know... but I'm open to suggestion.

rabbit tracks, snow, tracks in snow, Virginia, animals, east coast
rabbit tracks in my yard


deer tracks in snow, deer, Virginia, animals
deer tracks

what are these? are they squirrel tracks?

When I came in from my walk I took the 8 year old and the 10 year old out to show them the rabbit tracks. You could follow them, a clear line into the woods behind our house. And the girls did follow the tracks down into the woods for 15 or 20 minutes. Made me smile.

It has been some time since I joined the "Outdoor Wednesday" meme, but I am joining them today.

No comments: