Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Wet dogs - Happy dogs

We are *supposed to be at swim practice. But yesterday logged in at 100+ degrees out and we didn't get out too much so today we skipped the pool to take the dogs to river. It is only in the 80's so they could swim & play and still be able to walk 1/2 mile home without getting too hot.

We are keeping an eye on a friends Malinois this week. I think he is 8 years old. He still has the energy level of most puppies. Luckily he is very happy as long as he has a toy in his mouth, so he runs in circles with his ball while my dog fetches hers. My big black doesn't play fetch much anymore. He'd rather just survey the games from the shade. Honestly, I think the big black is a reincarnated southern gentleman. He would love to spend his day on my front porch, front paws crossed, watching the world go by. In my mind's eye I see an older gentleman in his rocker, with a cigar and his bourbon, sitting on my front porch doing the same thing.

Taking the Malinois to the river was funny. I know he plays in water but maybe not deep water very much. Once he got deep his paddling was very huge splashy front paw movements - he much preferred to stay where he could feel the bottom.

At any rate, all three are quiet for the moment.


it has been ages since I was on the blog so it seems silly to link up, but I'm going to anyway :)
Outdoor Wednesday

No comments: