Saturday, July 11, 2015

Keeping my hands busy

My family is doing a remarkable job babysitting me, fetching drinks, and medication and sitting with me. We just finished the movie Eragon. I read the book back when it came out, and then each one after as it was released, except for the last one, although my son Dragon, as I refer to him on the blog, has read it. (There was a run in sentence there and misuse of commas!)
http://www.alagaesia.com/

And while we are movie watching I have pulled out a very old project to keep my hands busy.  started this when I was 12 and we were living in WiBmansdorf back when it was West Germany. 
crazy quilt, hand embroidery, hand work, embroidery floss
what I'm working on today

I can remember what some of the fabric was for



pink, hearts, scrap quilt, crazy quilt, hand work, hand embroidery
I remember being very proud of that heart!


hand work, hand embroidery, crazy quilt, pink, 1980s, paisley, scrap quilt
I did that paisley at Uncle Dick & Aunt Joyce's house
it was the 1980s. Paisely was a thing.

7 comments:

Jeannie Marie said...

What a treasure for your descendants! I just can't imagine doing something like that over a lifetime. It's so beautiful.

Clairejustine oxox said...

This is beautiful :)

Michelle said...

I admire your ability to work on quilting. I don't have the patience!

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Beautiful!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Hugs,
Debbie

troutbirder said...

Hang in t here on your recovery. In the area of coincidence, I'm having shoulder surgery in early August as a result of a high speed over the handlebar crash between me & my GSD. The dog & the bicycle are fine....:)

Susan Clayton said...

Popping back to say this post is my pick of the week from last weeks Pink Saturday. Susan EclecticShorebird@blogspot.com

CailinMarie said...

Susan - thank you so much!
My friend at Troutbirder. You too? And on a bike! With the dog! yikes!
And thank you all for your kind comments.