Friday, October 30, 2015

Bitsy hurt my feelings

Just now...
sobbing.
and those awful can't catch one's breath breaths.

"Little Hawk, come here.
What is the matter?"

he shows up drying his eyes.
"nothin' "

"Don't you lie to me." in that voice only your mother can use.

"Bitsy hurt my feelings."

"Well what happened?"

"She said she' going to marry (the name of my future son-in-law shall be with held.)"

This is not what I was expecting.
"This makes you upset?"

"Yes. She's going to get married and I'll be left [deep awful breath] at [another deep awful breath] h-h-home." he can't even get it out.

"Well, she can't get married for a while. You know, like twenty years or so, and I'm sure it will work out. People grow up, they get married sometimes, it is what they do."

"Oh."

"You might miss her, but you can still see her again."

"Oh."

"You okay?"

"yeah."


yup - gonna tuck this away for a few years so I can pull it out when you are screaming that you hate each other and you can't wait to leave...


1 comment:

troutbirder said...

Ah precious memories for the future....:)