Thursday, October 22, 2015

My work room...

The husband ripped apart my basement last month. Rather - he paid someone to rip apart my basement last month. Carpet gone. Furniture gone. Everything out. Then he decided to have the concrete floors polished... so he ripped apart my work room.

When I moved into this house the work room was lavender and whatever color that is - green/yellow ? It is bright.
I let the kids paint over it with left over paint.
That room wasn't a priority and I just worked around it. (well - once it was toned down. I didn't care that the paint job the kids did was spotty - I just couldn't work with that bright green on the walls) It had a work table and shelves and that closet in the back there.




The plan is that when the floor is done, they will cut a door into the side to access the cellar. Then the room will get painted "apple tint" which is a warm white. The husband will rebuild the work table and put back the shelves and then in the far end by the closet add a built in desk table for my very artistic 10 year old to work. She needs a space to leave her projects out that is not her homework space - and that is safe from her sister.

I anticipate this will take months - but I doubt he will make it a priority so I'll be grateful if it takes less than a year.

In the meantime - I rescued my sewing machine but forgot the foot pedal. I'm borrowing my neighbor's in the afternoon. I've got pants for Little Hawk all cut out... 

and here is a sweet photo of a very happy Leo. He is an 8 year old Belgian Malinois that came to live at my house a few months ago. We (the vet and I) think he may be arthritic so we've got him on pain meds. It helps, he gets his energy out without hurting.



No comments: