Sunday, January 3, 2016

Out Shopping in Nelson County - moose head hooks

There are three shops owned by the same people in Nelson County area. Tuckahoe Antiques on Rt 151, the Rockfish Gap Country Store at the intersection of Rt 250 and Rt 15, and the Greenwood Country Store which I'm not real sure how to find exactly, you just follow a sign off Rt 250 which takes you back and around the most amazing farm/estate and to the post office... and you just kinda find it.

Anyhow, Mom and I went out scouting around last year and I had taken her to these three shops and this year she said she wanted to go find some things because she wanted to copy something she'd seen in one of her design magazines. (more on my mother and design here )

There is a new vendor at the Tuckahoe Antiques store since I was last there. An art collector/dealer. The collection is fascinating. Ecletic. So many different styles... etchings, paintings, drawings, contemporary, some current living artists... and so many of the pieces had a description with them. I'd like to know who the dealer is. I'd love to hear their stories behind finding some of the pieces.

Mom didn't find what she was looking for so we moved onto the Rockfish Gap Country Store. There is a vendor there that I really enjoy... a lot of Bavarian things and a wonderful vase I've had my eye on for some time. Last year I bought a door stopper from them in the shape of German Shepherd Dog. It sits on the book shelf. I adore it.

I'm a little low on cash this year so I was out to window shop but then I saw these hooks.

moose head, decorative hook, mountain house, hunter


I'd seen something similar online, even pinterested them to my ski house page the "Stag Coat Hook" from Orvis. check it out: here
 Stag Coat Hook by Orvis

it is even on sale from $59.00 to $29.00. No kidding. But I can't spend $30 +shipping on a coat hook right now. Which stinks. I'd love to support Orvis. I think they are a cool company.

But... these hooks. These were selling for $8.00 a piece. Yup. Right here in my hot little hands. So I had some cash from Grandma French and I bought them. They had four. I bought four. So stinking pleased with myself it is ridiculous! Seriously. Made my day.



So I think two are going into my bathroom. His and Her bathrobe hooks. And the other two I'm not sure yet - Tim says we should put one by the door to hold dog leashes... at the end of the day it doesn't really matter what they hold. I'm thrilled with them.

Mom didn't find what she set out to, but she bought a lovely trivet from the Master Craftermen days of Colonial Williamsburg.

*added Tuesday January 12



Tim put them up for me, one behind the door to the master bedroom to hang his coach's pants, one behind the door to the bathroom, and two by the side door near the kitchen.

Perfect little detail for a ski house!

2 comments:

Adam said...

looks like that would perfect for a rural cabin too

Joe said...

Love the moose head hooks.