Saturday, March 12, 2016

been sewing

A few weeks ago while I was skiing at Wintergreen a friend told me my husband had been involved in a ski lift accident at Timberline in West Virginia. He was in the hospital - hours away - and there wasn't anything I could do about it. So I went shopping for some fabric and got busy sewing- it is my happy place lately.


striped swallow designs, whigs & tories, gypsy, tunic, purple, batik, bohemian,
Purple Gypsy Tunic by Whigs & Tories
Pattern by Striped Swallow Designs
MLyons loves purple. She has also outgrown most of her clothes. As I wanted to give this pattern a trial run and see if I would be able to use it for Whigs & Tories - and as I needed to keep busy - I made this up for M. I love it! But I don't get to wear it and MLyons doesn't like how the stripes on the sleeves feel against her arm... So I'm tacking them flat by hand. Oh-joy!


striped swallow designs, whigs & tories, gypsy, tunic, purple, batik, bohemian,

sewing ribbon to the inset pieces in the sleeve
I am very pleased with it though. So I've gone ahead and started trying to make some for the etsy shop. So far I've got one complete - that Riley Blake fabric in Yellow Leaf. The tunic is a size 3T.


I'm quite happy with it. I did elastic at the wrist - and kept it all one color because sometimes simple is better. But I've got another one cut out - yellow dot at the yolk - yellow leaf for the body - blue floral for the sleeves... we'll see how it all turns out! find it here: 



No comments: