Saturday, March 26, 2016

Easter Eggs & Pussy Willow

When we lived in Bitburg Germany my mother bought miniature wooden eggs from one of the markets she attended with friends and we decorated Pussy Willow boughs. Her mother used to purchase Pussy Willow in the spring - but I don't know that they decorated them. A few years ago I was at World Market and saw little wooden eggs. They are not as ornate as the ones my mother bought in Germany, but they triggered a nostalgic memory none the less and so I bought them.

whigs & tories, girl clothes, handmade clothes, spring
a bucket full of eggs and two smiling girls

they were laughing at me because I was struggling with the camera

Bitsy in her new Spring in Paris top. Love it!



I've often thought it would be nice to purchase a Pussy Willow plant. There is plenty of water in the back of my house, I bet we could grow one. I found a good link for them: French Pussy Willow Tree



3 comments:

Sue McPeak said...

Hello Cailin, thanks so much for visiting via Pink Saturday. I enjoyed your memory of wooden eggs on pussy willow branches. I bet your pretty girls will remember it as a special Easter tradition. Bitsy in her Paris spring top...so cute. Thanks again for visiting.
Sue at CollectInTexas Gal

Adam said...

Have a good Easter tomorrow

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

So cute!! Thanks so much for stopping by and I wish you and yours a Happy Easter!!

Hugs,
Deb