Saturday, July 9, 2016

Trying to add Shoulder Straps / Pink Sundress

In the spring I tried a "cold shoulder" pattern by Striped Swallow Designs. It turned out darling and the girls wear their shirts lots and lots. I wanted to make MLyons a dress to wear over her leotard to ballet and found this gorgeous pink. And then I started thinking that I might try to make it less "spaghetti" straps and more of a solid strap in case MLyons wanted to wear the dress to school.
So I looked at Striped Swallow Designs blog and some of the modifications that others had attempted and decided to try. I am not sure that I'm happy with the finish at the neck but other wise it turned out very cute and she has already worn is 3 or 4 times and I only finished it last Saturday.

slow fashion, hand sewn, striped swallow designs, cold shoulder, dress, pink

slow fashion, whigs and tories, hand made clothes, pink off shoulder dress, cold shoulder dress, halter top
purchasing fish food at Wild Wolf Brewery

Last week we ate at Wild Wold Brewery off 150 in Nelson County. Tim & Patrick like the brew(s) and the food was great (try the fish and chips) and there are things to keep the kids busy for a minute. In addition to feeding the gold fish there is a delightful "airplane" to play on and it kept our kids busy until their food came.

pink off shoulder dress by whigs and tories, halter top by whigs and tories, kids clothes, handmade, slow fashion
feeding gold fish at Wild Wolf Brewery

2 comments:

LV said...

You did a great job on her little pink top. Looks very nice. Always fun to spend time with kiddos.

Betty said...

I think the pink top is adorable! Such a cute style.